Sat the 4th Waxing Moon of Kattikā B.E.2559, November 14, A.D.2015 Year of the Goat
Reuters — Gunmen and bombers attacked restaurants, a concert hall and a sports stadium at locations across Paris on Friday, killing at least 120 people in what a shaken President Francois Hollande called an unprecedented terrorist attack.
What we know:
• Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for a string of six attacks that began in Paris at 9.30pm last night. Police officials say Syrian passports were found on the bodies of two suicide bombers.
• German police say there are “clear links” between a man arrested in Germany this week, and last night’s attacks.
• 127 people are dead, 99 critically injured. Eight attackers are dead, seven having detonated their own suicide vests.
• U.S. State Department confirms Americans among the casualties. Sweden also has one citizen among the dead; Romania and Belgium count two each.
• French President François Hollande has declared three days of mourning, and will address parliament on Monday. “Faced with war, the country must take appropriate action,” he said.
• Parisians are lining up to donate blood to assist the 99 who are still critically injured, and using the hashtag #rechercheparis (Paris Search) to assist those looking for missing loved ones.
• Information number for tourists in Paris: +33 (0) 1 45 55 80 00